Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Second Day of School!

When I said I was going to update this blog more often when school starts, I wasn't kidding! Our second day of school was just as exciting as the first! The kids seemed a little more comfortable, and maybe a bit more "chatty". :) We are still working on the rules, and I know they will get better and better at being in school. If your child says he or she had "to change their card" just know that they did a quick time out and then tried harder to follow the rules. We have a great class and it is going to be a fun year!
Today we learned our "A" poem:
"Way up high in the apple tree,
Two little apples smiled down at me.
I shook the tree as hard as I could-
Down came the apples
MMMMM they were good!"
We did some cute actions with the poem and then got to work on writing the letter A. Your child should have brought home their "A" worksheet. If they didn't finish at school, have them finish tracing the a's.
We also worked on a "First Week of School" book that will be sent home tomorrow and celebrated a birthday. Life is busy in preschool!
With the weather being so nice, we may be outside at the end of class. We will usually be on the south side of my yard, just come through the gate and we'll be there!
Thanks so much for sharing your preschooler with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment